Welcome to our Blog!
In today’s post, we are learning all there is about “Confidence” by the amazing blogger of the month; Mercy Olorunfemi
It’s International Women’s month and first, i will like to say “Dear Woman, you are Enough.”
Confidence is vital in almost every aspect of our lives: people who lack self-confidence are less likely to achieve success that could give them more confidence also everyone admires a self-confident person. We may even envy them a little! Self-confident people seem at ease with themselves and their work
However confidence, I am not talking about blind arrogance. Those that are overly confident fall into yet another category. I am referring to the self-confidence needed to believe in one’s own skills, goals, and ability to succeed.
When you believe in yourself you are more likely to take action. To stand up and seize the moment. And to persevere long after those who doubt themselves.
Here Are 5 things that being confidents gets you;
- The Ability to Stand Up for Oneself – Confidence allows you to stand up for yourself in a fair and consistent manner. Otherwise, you may find yourself unheard or unfairly treated.
- The Ability to Say No – Confident people have the ability to say “No” where appropriate. They do not take on unnecessary or inappropriate work or obligations.
- Confidence Overcomes Fear – Lack of confidence can lead to paralysis from fear. Fear of failure. Fear of what others think. Fear of the unknown. To succeed, you need the confidence to face and overcome your fears.
- Set the Bar High Enough – Confident individuals set the bar high and aim high. Lack of confidence leads to weak goals, setting the bar too low, and mediocre results.
- Stretch Your Limits – Confidence lets you know your limits and test them. By stretching your limits you increase them.
It’s not always easy to be confident in yourself, particularly if you’re naturally self-critical, or if other people put you down. Here are 3 things i have done repeatedly to stay confident;
- Maintaining a firm body language when talking or introducing myself to people.
- I maintain a face-to-face communication technique, i do not start i, however, try to maintain a firm gaze at intervals.
- I set confidence-boosting goals for myself, i challenge myself to do things i wouldn’t do.
These 3 keys steps have constantly help in shaping who i am, so in the spirit of the IWD2021 theme #ChoosetoChallenge, I challenge you to do something different and continuously build your confidence.